Chinchilla Christian School
Chinchilla Christian School is a co-educational independent primary school. The school is located on the north side of the Warrego Highway and the region is well known for producing watermelons. Chinchilla hosts the watermelon festival ‘Melon fest’ biannually. The school were very keen to use this as a playful and fun theme for the new buildings. The interior spaces highlight the theme through colour and the form of the functional elements. This included watermelon seed light fittings.
The interior design of the spaces support teaching and learning opportunities for staff and students while complementing the architecture.
- Collaborative learning, to develop a sense of co-operation.
- Purposeful and meaningful learning, with connections with the real world.
- Facilitate a variety of learning styles through flexible planning and spaces.
- Promote a sense of fun through colour, display and performance spaces.
- Recognition that learning is an active process.
- Valuing and accepting all learners, who will have equal access to resources and flexibility for a variety of learning styles and spaces to celebrate success.
- A sacred space to celebrate our spirituality and who we are.
- A physically and emotionally safe environment for learners.
To find out more about this project click here