Our Lady Help of Christians Primary School, South Lismore
Our lady Help of Christians Primary School in South Lismore was founded in 1917. The original buildings are still intact and have over time grown to accommodate the increasing needs of the school.
In 2000 we undertook the refurbishment of the existing classroom building and converted the original presbytery into the administration and library.
The BER P21 program for primary schools allowed for new classrooms, library and multipurpose space to be added. The new building complements the existing older buildings in form and colour. Due to the risk of flooding the building was raised well above the ground. Semi enclosed pods from each space create flexible withdrawal space from each area that can be opened up to provide covered veranda space. The teaching areas benefit from expansive cross ventilation, low VOC materials, internal skylights for natural light and open planning that allows for the entire building to opened into a single space.
For more information, please visit the Our Lady Help of Christians Primary School website.
- Andrew Armstrong
- Scott Miner
- Tanya Walsh